We just released our first 2.x series update this week. This release brings a 127 bug fixes.
Over the last several months a fair amount of attention has been paid to improving at-spi2 as well. For those that don’t know what at-spi2 is its the next generation of Assistive Technology Service Provider Interface. The new at-spi2 using dbus in an effort to remove corba and bonobo from the gnome stack.
A huge benefit of this work is that kde will be able to use it without pulling in a bunch of gnome dependencies allowing for a clean desktop independent accessibility infrastructure.
Some release details:
- Improved compatibility with AT-SPI2, including fixes and performance.
- More compatibility with Silverlight Accessibility for UIA Clients.
- Caching improvements in UIA Client API.
- Support for custom providers and client-side providers.
As well as where you can find the packages:
- openSUSE 11.2 – 1-Click Install
- Ubuntu Karmic Koala – Package Archive on Launchpad
- Fedora 12 – Repository on openSUSE Build Service
- Source tarballs
For more details – The UIA Team Blog