Ok.Â Sorry it took so long to get these out.Â Hopefully it won’t take this long for alpha 1.Â I really only have screenshots for the install of the gnome cd since for one reason or another the display stuff wasn’t working very well with vmware.Â So, without too much talking here are the screenshots.
The first one is the License AgreementÂ (Proof of version)
Next is the Install Mode. A little change here, but that’s about it.
Nothing really new here, but the Install Settings.
The list of patterns on the gnome CD Software Selection.
In the Expert Partitioner I noticed something different.Â I don’t know if I just have never noticed this before it or not, but its pretty cool anyways.
Installing the packages – Package Installation.
I’ve skipped a few screens at this point.Â Mainly because it didn’t seem like anything had changed.
Up next are a couple from user authentication.Â The various User Auth Method. And since I have a PDC provided by samba 🙂 I decided to try and join the domain during the install. Windows Domain Membership.Â This didn’t seem to go over so well.Â I’m can’t remember why, but this has worked in the past.Â Not usually the option I took other than for curiosity sake.
Now for the proof of my X problems under vmware -Â VMWare Display Problem.Â Maybe better luck next time.
There are a few things that I wish they would change.Â The biggest would be a new installer.Â I think its more out of “the old one is old and boring now” 🙂
Though there is a section on opensuse.org called Pimp My InstallerÂ that has a cool mockup.Â So, if you feel like a new install is in order.Â Get your ideas on that page.Â If their not heard, their useless.